Annual SHOT Symposium 2019
To receive an overview of the Annual SHOT Report 2018 (pub 2019), and lessons on improving patient safety in blood transfusion.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
To receive an overview of results from the 2018 Annual SHOT Report (pub.2019)
- To explore improving patient safety through interventions based on SHOT data
- To explore the lessons learned from current SHOT data
- To explore the impact of new guidelines and audits
- To explore the complications associated with massive haemorrhage
- To explore improved patient management
- To explore the value of root cause analysis
- To discuss issues related to transfusion laboratory staffing
Delegates will gain
- Statistical information and feedback, including comparisons with earlier data.
- Information on the risks of transfusion.
- Information on reporting incidents to SHOT
- The opportunity to participate in question and answer sessions and discussions
- Participation in an “open to the floor” interactive session
- Updates on topical issues such as:
- BSH guidance related to group check samples
- Quality control of point of care testing systems
Rothamsted Centre for Research and Enterprise West Common Harpenden AL5 2JQ