Beginners Immunohistochemistry Sep 2019
The course will provide a sound knowledge of the basics behind IHC and participants will leave having gained the skills to perform and manipulate IHC on tissue to identify one antigen/cellular component in a single tissue section.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Apply a sound theoretical approach to the application of Immunohistochemistry within the work environment.
• Carry out immunohistochemistry protocols to demonstrate how proteins are distributed within a tissue section.
• Identify positive staining within a tissue section using a light microscope.
• Discuss the interaction of an antigen and antibody and how this impacts on the immunohistochemistry reactions.
• Explain why the use of control samples are important.
• Prepare reagents and antibodies including calculation of molarity and dilutions.
University of Sheffield Western Bank Sheffield S10 2TN