Biomed Advanced Human Genetics Course October
Online Course delivered over 12 weeks
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of normal process of protein production from DNA and how this can go wrong to cause mutation.
- Analyse, synthesise and summarise information, particularly with respect to interpretation of DNA sequence in terms of genetic code and protein production, manipulation of DNA sequence and analysis of pedigrees.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of how mutations act to cause clinical conditions.
- Critically discuss current issues in molecular genetics.
- Perform literature-based research and evaluation using the Internet as a communication tool as well as to find and evaluate relevant information relating to molecular genetics.
- Effectively communicate information using suitable presentation and communication skills.
- Produce reports according to professional standards, materials for public presentations and to use and navigate the functions of the Virtual Learning Environment, explore the VLE tools facility and create a web page.
- Exhibit competency in the use of URLs to access information on molecular biology and genetics and the use of clinical and genomic databases.
Identify and use appropriate databases for human gene analysis.