Biomed Immunocytochemistry in Diagnostic Cellular Pathology October
Online course delivered over 12 weeks.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
- Demonstrate an understanding of how histological and cytological preparation and the effect factors such as fixation, processing, section cutting and slide drying critically influence ICC.
- Demonstrate a critical appreciation of ICC methodology including its historical perspectives, the use of modern ICC techniques, antigen retrieval procedures, the use of antibodies as tools in the clinical diagnostic setting, and the value and limitations of automated staining systems.
- Interpret and critically evaluate data obtained from internal quality assurance systems and external quality assessment programmes.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the utility and central importance of ICC in disease diagnosis and patient treatment stratification and make informed interpretations based on staining.
- Use the internet and Moodle as tools to find and evaluate relevant information.
- Demonstrate self-direction and clarity in approaching tasks and assignments.
- Be able to critically assess and consolidate information from a variety of sources including peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- Engage in reasoned verbal and written discussion and debate.
- Produce reports according to professional standards.
- Produce materials for public presentations.