Biomed Management of Healthcare Associated Infection course October
Online course delivered over 12 weeks.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
- Demonstrate current knowledge of the spread and prevention of healthcare associated infection in clinical practice.
- Perform risk assessments and critically discuss what is involved in investigating outbreaks and the interruption of transmission.
- Implement correct principles of infection prevention, to improve quality and the contribution of external bodies to this process.
- Critically appraise and discuss the concepts and processes of disinfection and sterilisation, recognising what they achieve and where they can and should be applied.
- Evaluate various change management theories in relation to the prevention of healthcare associated infection.
- Integrate current knowledge into practice by drawing on the expertise of infection prevention specialists.
- Consolidate and extend knowledge and understanding of research within the specialist subject of infection prevention.
- Demonstrate an ability to organise and convey thoughts and ideas on infection prevention through oral presentation.
- Use the Internet as a communication tool and as a tool to find and evaluate relevant information.
- Produce reports according to professional standards.
- Produce materials for public presentations.
Event contact details
Catherine Ronan Email: email@example.com