Blood Sciences Workshops – Templates of Haematology (07/10/2019)
This study day is aimed at Healthcare Professionals (Biomedical Scientists) working towards state registration or specialist portfolios in Haematology and Transfusion Science. Alternatively, this course is also aimed at those laboratories working towards multi-disciplinary scientists enabling Biochemists to initiate their wider learning into the field of Haematology and Transfusion Science. It is a workshop based around understanding how to relate Haematology and Biochemistry results to haematological disorders/malignancies. There will be exercises for course attendees to complete with guidance which include FBC interpretations/ Blood Morphology and Antibody Investigations.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
This course is designed to build the foundations of knowledge for the specific discipline of Haematology. It is to aid labs that are struggling to meet the training needs of staff due to increasing workloads and staffing pressures. Thereby allowing these labs to send their staff to our workshop to build the following: -
• Professional development through activity
• Enhancing Knowledge of discipline (for Specialist portfolio) and practice
• Interpretation of clinical data/problem solving/reflex testing
• Morphology skills
• Interpretation of Antibody Panels
• Understanding the impact for patients in clinical pathways
• Providing quicker diagnosis and treatment via referral to clinicians – eliminating unnecessary reflex tests
• Improving the relationship between Haematology and Biochemistry – progression to “Blood Sciences Labs”
• Cross discipline working
The workshop allows staff to understand the nature of each haematological disorder/malignancy and how it impacts upon the Haematology and Biochemistry results to essentially show patterns (templates) for staff to use in their working practice to aid diagnosis and referral to clinicians earlier.
The Studio Birmingham 7 Cannon Street Birmingham B2 5EP