BSAC Residential Workshops for EUCAST Susceptibility Testing 2020
The BSAC will be holding a three day practical workshop at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff aimed at those wishing to gain practical experience of the EUCAST methodology.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
After this course you will:
• Have knowledge of EUCAST standardised disc testing method
• Have knowledge of antimicrobial resistance in Gram-negative and positive organisms
• Use various methods to detect antimicrobial resistance mechanisms incl. carbapenemases.
• Have knowledge of changes in EUCAST guidelines
• Have a better understanding of how to interpret influenzae and S. pneumoniae using EUCAST guidelines.
• Have understanding of how EUCAST clinical breakpoints are developed
• Have an understanding of how to test & interpret difficult organisms
• Be able to solve QC susceptibility testing problems
• Be able to improve local susceptibility reporting
• Have an overview of other susceptibility testing methods
• Have an overview of new susceptibility testing technology
University of Wales Cardiff CF10 3NS