SHOT SYMPOSIUM 2018
A number of presentations on various topics sharing best practice in Transfusion.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
To receive an overview of results from the 2017 Annual SHOT Report (pub.2018)
- To explore improving patient safety through interventions based on SHOT data
- To explore the lessons learned from current SHOT data
- To explore the impact of new guidelines and audits
- To explore the complications associated with massive haemorrhage
- To explore improved patient management
- To explore the value of root cause analysis
- To discuss issues related to transfusion laboratory staffing
Delegates will gain
- Statistical information and feedback, including comparisons with earlier data.
- Information on the risks of transfusion.
- Information on reporting incidents to SHOT
- The opportunity to participate in question and answer sessions and discussions
- Participation in an “open to the floor” interactive session
- Updates on topical issues such as:
- BSH guidance related to group check samples
- Quality control of point of care testing systems
The Lowry Theatre Salford Quays Manchester M50 3AZ