Specimen Dissection - Skin
The course covers the theoretical knowledge required for the Diploma examination and includes many opportunities for self-assessment. You will also gain practical knowledge to support your everyday practice as a specimen dissector. In addition you will have clear evidence for your own Trust and those overseeing governance such as UKAS that you have received appropriate training, giving reassurance of safe practice.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Key Learning Outcomes and Reflection Topics
- The theoretical base required to undertake dissection practice and for the examination part of the Diploma, taught by specialists in their own field.
- Anatomical Nomenclature, Pathological Processes, Surgical Techniques, Clinical Governance and General Principles of dissection cover all aspects of the pathology of Skin.
- Participant will understand the examination format and develop portfolio skills and techniques.
- Participant will see examples of standardised documentation for dissection procedures which students can modify to their base hospital requirements.
- Participant will be provided with a format for collecting relevant material for the portfolio to describe the practical training undertaken at the student base hospital and record study and reflective material.
- Participant will have the opportunity to discuss the exam format and experience with other colleagues who have undertaken the Specimen Dissection training.
NEPSEC - Wakefield
North of England Pathology and Screening Education Centre
3 Silkwood Business Park
Fryers Way Wakefield WF5 9TJ