For Biomedical Scientists preparing for their specialist portfolios and working in histopathology departments involved in the preparation of routine histological sections.
Download as vCalendar (for Microsoft Outlook etc.)
Key Learning Outcomes and Reflection Topics
- Be able to recognise a range of commonly encountered tissues
- Distinguish between similar tissue types
- Understand the importance of correct tissue identification
- Know how to identify the causes of common preparation artefacts
- Know how to rectify common preparation artefacts
- Understand some of the real and potential consequences of failure to identify errors at the quality control stage.
NEPSEC - Wakefield
North of England Pathology and Screening Education Centre
3 Silkwood Business Park
Fryers Way Wakefield WF5 9TJ