Are you ready for Healthcare Science Week 2017?
Healthcare Science Week runs from 10-19 March, as part of British Science Week, and is a great way to promote biomedical science within all aspects of healthcare.
To celebrate we will be promoting our members’ events throughout the week. So if you are planning on hosting an event, we would want to know. You can email your event details to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will feature all submissions on the IBMS website, through our social media channels and newsletters, and we will also contact the Healthcare Science Week organisers to update their events webpage.
For this year’s campaign we aim to raise awareness of the contributions biomedical scientists make to the NHS, promote healthcare biomedical science careers across the UK, and show how biomedical research is at the centre of the NHS.
Ideas for how you can get involved:
- Give a talk at your local school or university
- Write a blog post about your job
- Become a Healthcare Science Ambassador
- Volunteer at an event promoting healthcare science
- Tweet about your research and use the hashtag #HCSWeek17 and follow @WeHCScientists
- Download and display the HCS Week Poster in your workplace
- Host a stand and share information about your role in healthcare
- Submit a brief summary of what your role is and how you are active in healthcare science