Become IBMS Accredited
IBMS Accredited degrees cover the academic requirements needed to become a HCPC registered biomedical scientist
IBMS Accredited degrees are assessed by professional and academic experts to ensure high standards of teaching, facilities and course content.
IBMS accreditation provides recognition of the achievement of quality standards for delivering BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science programmes which conform to the QAA subject benchmark statement for biomedical science and meet academic requirements for HCPC registration as a biomedical scientist.
For your biomedical science degree programme to become IBMS Accredited, it must:
- be relevant to current professional practice
- be informed by the latest advances research
- anticipate future developments in the scientific field.
The benefits for universities and departments who choose to get their biomedical science degree programme IBMS Accredited includes:
- supporting the development of appropriate education and training with IBMS expertise
- recognising the achievement of a benchmark standard of education
- facilitating peer recognition of education and best practice and the dissemination of information through education and employer networks.
How to apply
Please read the following documents before applying:
When you are ready to apply, or for further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The IBMS must be informed of any changes to an accredited degree programme. All proposed changes must ensure that the programme continues to meet the relevant accreditation criteria and be approved by the IBMS.
This form can be used for both undergraduate and postgraduate accredited programmes.