Our Associate Membership is for those with qualifications ranging from Level 2 to an ordinary degree
Becoming an IBMS Associate will support your professional development, enhance your career, develop your skills and experience and will help you expand your knowledge of biomedical science.
IBMS will support you with support and guidance and connect you to our network of 20,000 biomedical science professionals.
Benefits of becoming an IBMS Associate
Expand your knowledge with:
- qualifications tailored to support your career development
- The Biomedical Scientist, including our new Learning and Development section and the British Journal of Biomedical Science
- all the latest professional news, information and learning resources on the IBMS website
Develop your skills with:
- bursaries, grants and prizes to support your learning and development
- saving money through our member discount scheme
Connect with biomedical science professionals:
Find out more about the benefits of joining the IBMS here.
Who can join?
To become an Associate of the IBMS you must:
- be working in biomedical science, and
- hold a qualification ranging from Level 2 (GCSE, City and Guild Level 2) to an ordinary (non-honours) degree, or
- hold UK NARIC confirmed undergraduate qualification that is not equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or
- be interested in biomedical science but not studying or working in biomedical science
To find out more about renewing or upgrading your membership visit our FAQ page.
How to join
Download and complete an IBMS Membership Application form.
Send to email@example.com along with:
- copies of relevant qualifications certificates, and
You can also send your application by post to: Membership, IBMS, 12 Coldbath Square, London, EC1R 5HL.
For more information on joining the IBMS visit our FAQ page.