Take your first step into the profession
As an Associate member, we will support your professional development and help you to build upon your skills, experience and knowledge of biomedical science – giving you the tools you’ll need to enhance your career.
Benefits of becoming an IBMS Associate
- a monthly hard copy of The Biomedical Scientist in the post, including all the latest news from the profession and our new Learning and Development section
- access to the British Journal of Biomedical Science
- save money through IBMS Additions discount scheme
- news, information and learning resources on the IBMS website
- Become a Registered Science Technician or Registered Scientist through the Science Council’s register
- connect with biomedical science professionals through our region and branch network
- become part of our social media community and forums
- bursaries, grants and prizes to support your learning and development
For more details about the benefits of joining the IBMS visit our member benefits page.
Who can become an Associate?
To become an Associate of the IBMS you must be working in biomedical science and hold one of the following:
- a qualification ranging from Level 2 (GCSE, City and Guild Level 2) to an ordinary (non-honours) degree
- UK NARIC confirmed undergraduate qualification that is not equivalent to a UK Honours degree
How to join
Download and complete an IBMS Membership Application form.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- copies of relevant qualifications certificates, and
You can also send your application by post to:
12 Coldbath Square
For more information on joining the IBMS, or renewing or upgrading your membership, visit our FAQ page.
When joining, in providing the IBMS with the information requested you are consenting to its use as indicated in the IBMS Privacy Notice. Further information can be found here.