Verifiers and examiners
IBMS portfolio verifiers and examiners play a central role in the assessment of IBMS Registration Training and Specialist qualifications
Becoming an IBMS portfolio Verifier or Examiner is an excellent opportunity for continuing professional development (CPD) and for engaging with a network of biomedical scientists that share a common interest in training and maintaining professional standards.
To become an IBMS Registration Training Portfolio Verifier or IBMS Specialist Portfolio Examiner you need to:
- be an IBMS Member or Fellow
- be Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered (or equivalent registration authority for non-UK members)
- have a minimum of 4 years post registration experience
- be currently working in an IBMS approved training laboratory
- be actively participating in a CPD scheme for at least the last two years
If you are applying to become an IBMS Specialist Portfolio Examiner you will also need specialist level experience in named discipline/disciplines.
To apply to become an IBMS portfolio Verifier or Examiner send:
- a completed application form
- an overview of your past 2 years of CPD
- email@example.com if you are applying to become an IBMS Registration Training Portfolio Verifier, or
- firstname.lastname@example.org if you are applying to become an IBMS Specialist Portfolio Examiner
If you meet the criteria listed above the IBMS Education Team will add your details to our listing of IBMS Verifiers and Examiners.
Before you can carry out a portfolio verification or examination, you will need to attend an IBMS training session.
The IBMS Education Team will contact you to let you know when the next available training session will be.
Registration Portfolio Verifier Reports
Specialist Diploma Examiner Report
IBMS Registration Training Portfolio
IBMS Specialist Portfolio