Champion of Biomedical Science Awards
This Biomedical Science Day, Thursday 20th June 2019, each region will crown a Champion of Biomedical Science. The Champions will be IBMS members who, in the past year, have shown dedication to the promotion, development and delivery of excellence in biomedical science.
Examples of expected nominations include members who are verifiers or examiners, training officers or lab managers, and those involved in public engagement activities or making any other kind of contribution to the profession.
- Champions must be IBMS members
- Members can nominate themselves or others
- Nominations will be made via the online application as a written statement (250 words max) and must include how the nominee has championed dedication to the promotion, development and delivery of excellence in biomedical science.
- Nominations must be submitted by 13th May 2019.
- Winners will be announced on Biomedical Science Day 2019 (Thursday 20th June)
Shortlists will be chosen by IBMS region or council representatives and a winner will be selected for each IBMS region (12 in total). The Champions will receive an award, certificate and a day pass to attend Congress 2019. The best runners up will receive a certificate and IBMS goody bag. Awards and prizes will be presented at regional meetings, or by IBMS council representatives.