Apply for the L’Oréal – UNESCO Fellowship programme
The 2019 L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science UK and Ireland Fellowship Awards Programme is now open to applications.
With one month left to submit applications, this programme awards five outstanding female early-career scientists a bursary of £15,000.
These fellowship awards have been designed to provide financial support for female scientists who are starting out in their careers, for a 12 month period of postdoctoral research in the fields of physical and life sciences, including biomedical science disciplines.
The funds can be used on scientific equipment, childcare, travel costs or whatever is needed to further your research. Successful applicants will also receive training and networking opportunities.
To be eligible for these awards, candidates must be:
- female postdoctoral level researchers
- have no more than 10 years’ active full-time postdoctoral experience
- must not currently hold an academic post, or have ever held a permanent academic post in past or received the promise of a permanent academic post before the start date of the award
- must be undertaking research in the field of life or physical sciences, computer science, engineering or mathematics
- must be conducting their research at a UK or Irish university or research institute
- must have a confirmed position at a university or institute within the UK or Ireland
- be residing in the UK or Ireland at the time of application
Apply online by 1st February 2019. Should you have any questions, contact Women in Science via email.
Successful applicants will be honoured at a ceremony at the Houses of Parliament on 15 May 2019 in London.